Nick & Amy Brings Humor to Crafting in new TV show "Making It"



I just finished watching the first episode of NBC's new show called Making It. The show stars comedians Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman and pits crafters against each other for bragging rights and an adorable patch. 

I don't watch a lot of television these day. Mostly I like to craft and work my websites as much as possible. Even still I've managed to tune in whenever I hear about a TV program involving crafting. Most are hard to watch and I guessed that crafting just doesnt' relate to TV whether it be a tutorial, or a  competition. 

Until now!

When Making It aired last night, I was already in bed but first thing this morning I started the show thinking here we go again, another dull TV attempt at cashing in on our craft community. Then Nick and Amy starting joking around and proved me totally wrong. 

Here is a show about crafters, crafting, drama, and most of all a TON of HUMOR. I laughed out loud several times, I teared up twice and I totally fell in love with all the makers and all of their creations. 

Nick is actually one of us, a real crafter! He's into woodworking and somehow that really ties the show together as Amy acts like she know nothing about making things. 

Never in a million years could I create the things the makers did but I finished the show feeling like I could. 

Feeling like everything was possible and that crafting DOES belong on TV and it can be extremely entertaining and inspirational.

I have felt for a while that a new Arts and Crafts Movement was a-brewing and this show can do nothing but further the cause. It seems our love of technology and instant gratification never seem to diminish our desire to make things. 

How very human of us.

NBC
Tuesdays at 10pm 


No comments

Annual YMCA Holiday Boutique and Pantry Dec 1-2, 2018 Redlands, CA

Save some of holiday shopping money for this one! For 39 years the Annual YMCA Holiday Boutique and Pantry is a curated market of hand...

HandmadeCatalog.com 2002-2013. Powered by Blogger.