Sour Cream Pear Pie Recipe: Deliciously Tangy Pie for National Pie Day January 23, 2017

The Tangy Side of Cream Pies

National Pie Day is one of my favorite holidays. I simply love homemade pies even though they are a bit of a pain to make. Sometimes I cheat and use a pre-made crust but other times that just won't do. If you love pie and are ready for a tangy, sweet creamy pie just keep reading.




Pears are in season here in California right now and they are so sweet. I had 3 large fresh pears and was planning to make my pear cake but thought about National Pie Day and went looking for pear pie recipes. I found a few and landed on the sour cream version. Darn happy I did, my first pear sour cream pie came out so good.

I tried this one from AllRecipes.com but most sour cream pie fillings are basically sugar, sour cream, flour, eggs, vanilla, salt and whatever you decide. I had pears so here we go:

Pear Sour Cream Pie
Pie Filling:
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup AP Flour
1 Egg, beaten
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp. Salt

3-4 Fresh Pears, cored, chopped, peeled if you want, I left the skin on.

Combine all the ingredients except the pears. When filling is smooth, gently fold in the pears. Pour the filling into your prepared crust and bake @ 350 for 15 to 20 minutes *. Remove from oven, add topping and bake for 20-30 minutes more or until golden brown crust and pie center is set. Cool completely before serving, store leftovers in the refrigerator.

* While the pie is baking create the topping:
2/3 cup AP Flour
1/3 cup Sugar
5 TBS Melted Butter
2/3 Rolled Oats

Well, I have the pie bug now, think I will give this one a try next.

Old-Fashioned Sour Cream Raisin Pie 

courtesy of MidwestLiving.com

I will let you know how it comes out.

Happy National Pie Day!

It's time to grab a slice.

No comments

Annual YMCA Holiday Boutique and Pantry Dec 1-2, 2018 Redlands, CA

Save some of holiday shopping money for this one! For 39 years the Annual YMCA Holiday Boutique and Pantry is a curated market of hand...

HandmadeCatalog.com 2002-2013. Powered by Blogger.